Bevacizumab targets a type of protein (VEGF) present in many tumors. By doing so, it helps prevent tumors from spreading to other locations in the body (metastasizing).
Bevacizumab can be used to treat colon and kidney cancer, and is usually administered along with traditional chemotherapy drugs. Bevacizumab is sold under the brand name Avastin.
For more detailed information about bevacizumab, please visit the bevacizumab information page.
- FOLFOX4 Drug Combo Proven Effective
- Adding Avastin May Add Years to Your Life
- FOLFOX4 Plus Avastin: Worth a Try?
- Avastin Approved in EU and Switzerland
- Avastin Warning
- FDA Approval of Avastin as a Colorectal Cancer Treatment
Resource: Drug Finder: Bevacizumab. About.com. 17 Mar. 2004. Accessed 28 Jan. 2008[http://drugsaz.about.com/od/drugs/bevacizumab.htm].